Saturday, June 17, 2017

Pro-Peace

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."

Mother Teresa

"Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures."

"Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding."

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that."

MLK

"An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Consider the fact that about 300 or so politically and financially connected men combined to create an aristocracy that allows them to control and manipulate 7 billion people.

This is done via the divide and conquer tactics embedded in race, politics, religion and war.

There is a simple solution, a four letter word, the most powerful word known to humanity - LOVE.

I'm disheartened when I see all the acerbity, all the alacrity, all the negativity posted on Facebook and other social networks.

March 2017, it was predicted that FB was on pace to have 2 billion active monthly subscribers.


Can you imagine the power of LOVE if one-fourth of the 2 billion (500 million) active monthly subscribers made it their mission to post nothing but positive, life affirming comments for one month? Can you imagine?

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one."

John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment